question Could my 100% PTSD rating be at risk after discussing improvements with a VA doctor?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

PolitePup

At my mental health appointment yesterday to get more of my meds, the VA doctor started asking a lot of questions about my PTSD, like if I hear voices, feel like hurting myself, or have bad dreams.

I'm worried that because I'm doing better with the medicine, the VA might think about lowering my 100% PTSD rating. I've had this rating for just two years. I think the doctor wrote down everything I said.

Could the VBA find out and maybe lower my rating?

Finestal

Those questions are just regular checks they do for mental health. You're doing fine, no need to worry.

They won't lower your rating.

troppy

Those questions are asked of every veteran and every patient who visits. It's standard procedure for the VA. It's not related to your disability rating or any review of it.

Plus, if you're truly struggling and answer "yes" to those questions, they won't just lock you up.

They're there to assist, and that assistance can take many forms.

Beranari

If your condition improves with medication, it shows the treatment's success. Medication cannot be considered by a C&P to lower your disability rating.

PoeticPainter

Improvement is a positive sign. Your conversation with the doctor becomes part of your medical history. However, this doesn't guarantee immediate review by a VA claims representative, unless the appointment was arranged by them.

HarshWorld

The part of the VA that handles medical stuff and the part that deals with ratings are separate. So, unless you put in a new claim, they shouldn't be checking your file again.