discuss Why Insist on Blood Work Without Clear Reasons?

This is a general Just Veterans Helping Veterans discussion thread

VetVoyager

The VA doctor insists I need to have blood work. Not clear on the reason. Got any tips for handling this if I'm against taking the blood tests? Needles aren't my thing, and I don't see the need for it.

troppy

I would inquire about the purpose of the tests and then most likely comply.

They likely need to analyze your blood to provide more effective assistance.

PoeticPainter

Question the reason for the tests. Have you felt under the weather? Blood tests are typical for detecting issues like thyroid irregularities, diabetes, cholesterol complications, infections, and other major health concerns!

VetVoyager

Looks like I've got to get over my fear of needles, now that I'm in the system. With my VA disability rating, it's looking like routine future exams could be on the horizon, and that might mean dealing with needles once more. Turning down these future blood draws could put my benefits on the line, especially if skipping out on bloodwork is already raising concerns.

troppy

Looks like I've got to get over my fear of needles, now that I'm in the system. With my VA disability rating, it's looking like routine future exams could be on the horizon, and that might mean dealing with needles once more. Turning down these future blood draws could put my benefits on the line, especially if skipping out on bloodwork is already raising concerns.
Glad to see you come around.

Remember, it's their system and we have to play by their rules.