question How hard is it for 100% P&T vets to get Social Security?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

hypernova

I handled my husband's applications, who is 100% TDIU P&T, first for his VA rating and then for Social Security Disability Insurance, which was approved almost immediately. It's important to note that VA disability ratings and Social Security benefits are separate, and a 100% VA rating doesn't guarantee Social Security eligibility. It's best to apply and see the outcome.

ByteBound

Are you 100% P&T or getting paid 100% with TDIU?
I used to be P&T TDIU, but I had it changed because I needed to keep working. They dropped me down to 90%, but I've had another surgery for the same issue that's connected to my service. I'm just curious about what might happen if they decide to put me back at TDIU.

greg

I used to be P&T TDIU, but I had it changed because I needed to keep working. They dropped me down to 90%, but I've had another surgery for the same issue that's connected to my service. I'm just curious about what might happen if they decide to put me back at TDIU.
It's tough to get approved for SSDI unless you're 100% TDIU. Even if you're 100% P&T, it's hard. You need to show Social Security that your disability stops you from having any job that pays well.

troppy

The experience varies for veterans who are 100% P&T. Some find it hard with denial after denial, while for others, it's smooth sailing. That's both with and without legal representation.

Every case is different.