question Can my daughter access Chapter 35 benefits without her father's involvement?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

glitch

For my daughter to receive Chapter 35 benefits through her father, is his involvement necessary? He has distanced himself from our children, so I want to confirm that she can manage the process independently without requiring his assistance. He is medically retired and has a 100% permanent and total rating.

greg

She can work with the VA rep at the school she plans to go to, who can help her out with the necessary steps. She'll need to have a personal bank account for the VA to deposit the monthly stipend though.

CalVet

If she intends to utilize the benefits available through her father, given his 100% permanent and total status, she can complete the application by herself. She will require his Social Security Number. The stipend will be paid directly to her.

Be aware, her father will be notified upon her application submission.

glitch

If he hears about it, no stress. He can't really stop her from claiming her benefits, can he? Just wanna double-check she's on track to be able to get her benefits for a solid start to a great future.

CalVet

If he hears about it, no stress. He can't really stop her from claiming her benefits, can he? Just wanna double-check she's on track to be able to get her benefits for a solid start to a great future.
Chapter 35 benefits are for dependent children. He has no power to prevent them from using it.