info Avis, Budget, & Hertz Rent-a-Car Veteran Discounts

This thread contains general information that may be beneficial to Veterans

dVet

Board Chair
I'm gearing up for a trip to the US, and it just hit me that I never thought to ask for a veteran discount last time around. So, I did some digging to see if there are any deals on car rentals for vets.

Turns out, the "big 3" names in the industry that I'm aware of give 20-35% discounts for veterans.

Avis has a 35% discount:

Budget has a 35% discount:

Hertz has a 20% discount (stated as 10% on their outdated website):

The eligibility requirement involves being a WeSalute+ member. They offer an introductory trial for 30 days at $4.95, which can provide considerable savings on a rental, especially if the subscription is canceled after the trip. They also have a $9.99 monthly subscription and a $59.95 annual subscription. It appears that to make the most out of the monthly and annual plans, a vet would need a rental period extending beyond a week or interest in their additional offerings, which I haven't delved into yet.

To be clear, these are not affiliate links and there is no relationship between the companies mentioned and JVHV.

troppy

Thanks!

Now I know to look out for these discounts if I'm ever in need.

Makes me wonder, though, could you get around joining WeSalute+ and just ask for a discount on the spot when you're paying?