question When will Social Security send my check after a "fully favorable" decision?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

GrotesqueGerbil

So, I'm pretty confused now... My lawyer showed me the judge's decision, which was entirely in my favor, and said it's currently with the writer. However, I just got the judge's decision through mail today, and it only states "fully favorable" without mentioning any specifics about the amount or anything else.

How do I find out when I'll receive a check?

militarymind

Reach out to the SSA office, and they should be able to provide the details. A benefit letter that explains everything should arrive eventually.

It takes about 2 months to start receiving your checks and roughly 5 months to receive your back pay.

Phantom

Judges don't decide on the amount of benefits or when they start. They just check if the medical conditions meet the requirements.

HomelyHeron

The Social Security Administration is in charge of figuring out your back pay and future monthly payments. The judge who hears your case doesn't have the details on this. After the judge sends their decision to the SSA, you should get your money soon, possibly within a week but no more than two months, which is unusual.