general Post-therapy blues, anyone else?

Wide-ranging conversations on various off-topic subjects

kookie

I often find myself feeling kinda down after therapy, like my therapist just saps all my good energy away. Is that even normal?

troppy

Before recruit training, I frequently heard that its purpose was to break you down and then recreate you into the image that the military wanted instead.

I hold a perspective on therapy.

I believe it aims to deconstruct the bad within me allowing the good traits to resurface to rebuild me better.

I understand that it can be challenging. However, I believe progress will come with time.

greg

Good mentality to have that these two brothers have provided!

Stay focused and continue to work on yourself. You'll get there!

dVet

Board Chair
Before recruit training, I frequently heard that its purpose was to break you down and then recreate you into the image that the military wanted instead.

I hold a perspective on therapy.

I believe it aims to deconstruct the bad within me allowing the good traits to resurface to rebuild me better.

I understand that it can be challenging. However, I believe progress will come with time.
That's pretty deep.

We all have our own outlets to heal. Try to find something that you enjoy doing, and focus your time and energy on being the best at it. I'm sure it'll keep your mind just right. I have a few hobbies that keep me in check, myself.