question Is TDIU an option following retirement due to a stroke?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

greg

Anybody can apply for it, but you certainly meet the minimum eligibility requirements to receive it.

Go for it!

CalVet

Am I eligible for this benefit from VA?​

You may be eligible for Individual Unemployability if you meet the requirements listed here.

This must be true:
You can’t hold down a steady job that supports you financially (known as substantially gainful employment) because of your service-connected disability. Odd jobs (marginal employment) don’t count.

And one of these must be true:
You have at least 1 service-connected disability rated at 60% or more disabling, or
You have 2 or more service-connected disabilities, with at least 1 rated at 40% or more disabling and a combined rating of 70% or more

In certain cases—for example, if you need to be in the hospital often—you may qualify at a lower disability rating.
See eligibility: https://www.va.gov/disability/eligi...:~:text=Am I eligible,lower disability rating.

troppy

The only thing that could prevent you from getting it is the TDIU 70/40 rule, as seen above by @CalVet's post.
You have 2 or more service-connected disabilities, with at least 1 rated at 40% or more disabling and a combined rating of 70% or more
If you have 1 rating at 40%, you meet the eligibility criteria for TDIU. With a rating of 90%, I couldn't imagine that you don't have one disability of at least 40% or more.

So, I'm almost certain that you're eligible.