question Any advice for speeding up a stalled VA appeal?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

DormantDuck

Got a 40% disability rating when I wrapped up my service in Feb 2021. Threw in a ton of evidence for some claims, but they just got denied, so I hit up the appeals process in August 2021. Now, it's been like 2.5 years and my status is still chilling on "waiting for a judge." Is there any move I can make here?

Two of the issues I'm dealing with have gotten way worse, and I'm kinda over adding more info because this whole thing is dragging forever.

Who do I even talk to about this?

troppy

You can speed up your VA claim with VA Form 20-10207. Yet, this approach is specifically for those facing severe financial difficulties, terminally ill, diagnosed with ALS, those who became seriously ill/injured during military duties, aged 85 or above, ex-Prisoners of War, or recipients of the Medal of Honor or Purple Heart.

However, being in a "waiting for a judge" phase might not mean you should opt for this path.

Your initial step should be to contact the VA Hotline (1-800-MyVA411, Option "9") regarding your claim.

Should the VA Hotline not offer the assistance you need, reaching out to your state Representative could be a good move. They often have a staff member tasked with veteran affairs. At minimum, they can clarify why your claim is in limbo, possibly providing a docket number and an estimated VLJ date.