question Can I bring a guest onto the base with a 100% disabled veteran ID card?

This is a veteran-related question from a JVHV member

taylor

Tried digging for info but no luck... Just trying to figure out, with a 100% disabled veteran ID card, can I take someone with me onto the base or post?

troppy

The rules could be different from one base to another. At some bases, you might not have to swing by the pass and ID office, but others require it, and there are military installations where you are completely barred from entry. Best to give the pass office at your target base a call.

greg

With ID cards for both you and your wife, you're both able to independently access bas and can each bring guests as well.

dVet

Board Chair
there are military installations where you are completely barred from entry.
There's a base close by, about 100 meters from my place, but it's a tiny one, and entry is restricted. It's annoying because I'm pretty certain they have to have a soda mess with American snacks, which would be great on some days. However, the next closest base to get my fix in is 10 kilometers away, so it hardly seems worth the trip just for some goodies.

That said, it's definitely up to the installation commander to let 100% DoD ID card holders onboard or not.