intro dVet's Story: Unveiling the Journey to Veterans Benefits

This is a JVHV member's introduction during the muster's roll call

dVet

Board Chair
Hello there! I'm dVet, the founder of Just Veterans Helping Veterans (JVHV). Here, we work together with one another to provide support and assistance to veterans. Our primary objective is to create an inclusive space, for veterans well as their friends and family, where we can help navigate the complexities of veterans benefits. Ultimately our vision is to establish a non-profit organization that is run by our members ensuring that we are always available to lend a helping hand to our fellow vets when they need it the most.

Hey! I'm dVet, the founder of Just Veterans Helping Veterans (JVHV), assisted by other veterans here to help. Our mission is to provide a supportive space for veterans and their friends and family members as they navigate the complexities of veterans' benefits, and to hopefully be there one day for vets in need through a non-profit organization of our own with our own members helping our own members.

I had a journey during my time in the military. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete my first full enlistment. I served in the Marine Corps and reached the rank of Corporal (E-4) before facing some challenges that resulted in my disability that made my career abruptly end.

Transitioning from military to life was quite a ride. The process of separating from service was tough, but adjusting to life as a civilian was even tougher.

It took me about 15 years to get where I am today—finally awarded my proper Veterans Affairs disability rating after 3 appeals as well as my SSDI benefits.

I'm here to share my experiences and offer support as you navigate your path.

Looking forward to connecting with you and being part of your journey!

greg

Thanks for your continued service with this site. I hope that I can learn a lot from this forum as it grows..

HarshWorld

I appreciate you creating this forum.

It's good to have a platform that distinguishes itself from what's now considered traditional social media. I've always believed that forums encourage more meaningful discussions. Additionally, they offer the opportunity for anonymity, which can be particularly valuable for disabled veterans like ourselves if we so desire. That is, so we don't have to publicly put ourselves out there for all to know our personal and private information.